Monday, August 3, 2009

Seventh Week

Baby-Love is between 4-5mm now and by the end of the week it will more than doubled to 11 to 13 mm!
Yes, this week, Baby-Love will undergo an amazing growth spurt.

Baby-Love’s leg and arm buds are longer now and they have divided into segments where the hands and feet will be. The hands and feet also have an area where the fingers and toes will begin to form. At this point of the pregnancy, the heart is bulging from the body and it has divided into right and left chambers. The brain's hemispheres are continuing to grow and the air passages into the lungs are visible. Baby-love's eyes are beginning to get pigment. The nose is developing and the beginning of the face can be seen. The baby's abdomen is developing quickly and the appendix and pancreas are already present. Baby-Love’s digestive tract is beginning to form and the hindgut is present. Interesting isn’t it?

No I have not grown oh-so-wide just yet, not just because Baby-Love is still very tiny, but I have also been nauseous and not eating well, therefore my weight has decreased. It’ll only be a matter of time before I grow any wider! I know most of you are waiting to see that! HAH! How mean!

Insomnia. I’m already having trouble sleeping. Probably anxiety, fear, worry or simply feeling excited about baby-love makes it difficult for my mind to "switch off" when I go to bed. My body temperature increases at most nights, which sometimes lead to fever. Moreover when love goes off to work on night shifts, I’m more likely to be wide awake the entire night. It may be easier said than done. I am still trying to develop a positive attitude so that I do not become overly worried about not sleeping. I take a nap in the daytime (if time permits me to do so) so that I will be topping up on the sleep I have lost at night. I get tired in the end, trying to adapt to all of it. Seriously, adapting to pregnancy and the hormonal changes isn’t that easy afterall.

I also see myself developing a bit of a split personality – feeling moody at this hour and joyful the next. I am far from being myself, though I have always tried. Unsettling as this is, but what I am going through are perhaps the natural remedies for most pregnant women. Fluctuating hormones, yes, it causes all that. With much prayer, I really hope to get back to track as much as I love who I was.

I thank God for such a lovely husband who stood very patient by me regardless of time. Overtime eh, dear? He help me do the household chores in times he knew I needed my rest. He prepares me the Anmum Pregnancy Milk along with the Cadbury Chocolate Drink just so it tastes so much better. He arranges the tablets I need to take for the pregnancy just so I don’t eat the wrong tablets at the wrong time. He hugs me to pray ‘selawat’ when he feels that my mood swings negatively. He cuddles me to sleep in times he knew I am so deprive of it. And all of these, he did it with no complains. I’m very much grateful. Though the pregnancy is only at its first trimester, it is the critical period of any pregnancy, but love makes it all feel so easy and comfortable, somehow. From the bottom of my heart, thank you so much, dearest. I know it isn’t easy to handle all of these.

My prayers to Allah for a safe and healthy pregnancy.
Insya'Allah.

No comments: